How much is sponsorship?
Sponsorship is $25 a month. For just eighty-one cents a day, you can educate a child in our school and eradicate poverty in a nation. Nelson Mandela stated:
“Education is the great engine to personal development. It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that the son of a mine-worker can become the head of the mine, that the child of farm workers can become the president of a great nation. It is what we make of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another.”
How does my sponsorship help children?
- Only 40% of Sierra Leonean adults are literate.
- 78% of school aged children are engaged in some form of child labor.
- The decade-long civil war that ended in 2002 left one-third of the population displaced.
- Grafton Village is home to most of these internally displaced people.
- Only 37% of school-aged children in Grafton Village attend school.
Our elementary school in Grafton Village is making a huge difference in the community and in the lives of the children. Former child laborers can now attend school free of charge. Your sponsorship is a beacon of hope to a community struggling to recover from the devastating effects of civil war. Every child in Grafton Village now has a chance to quality education free of charge. Your sponsorship which covers tuition, textbooks, and a hot lunch ensures that children now get an education and escape the shackles of poverty.
Will I get to know the child I sponsor?
You most certainly will! Our website provides you with many opportunities to write to them. You may send pictures directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward your pictures to your sponsored child. Your sponsored child will also write to you and we will provide you with regular updates. You will be able to watch your child grow and experience the joy of having such a transforming effect on a young life. You are also welcome to come with us on our yearly mission trip to visit your child.
How do I communicate with my child?
Communication is a key component in establishing a trusting, loving, and permanent relationship with your child. You have many opportunities through our child sponsorship website to log in and write a letter to your child. The letter will be forwarded to your child. Be assured that your child will respond!
Please follow these simple guidelines when you write:
- Do not include any personal contact information including telephone number, address, email address, twitter, facebook, or any other way that the child could contact you directly. This is for both your protection and the protection of the children.
- Do not include any promises such as a promise of a gift, a visit, or other forms of support. Despite our best intentions, sometimes we are not able to live up to these promises which can have devastating effects on the child.
- Do share information about your life but be careful not to share in such a way that may cause jealousy or envy.
- Encourage your sponsor child in their education.
How do I submit my sponsorship donation?
The easiest method of donating is through PayPal. If you do not have an account with PayPal, it is free and easy to sign up. You also will be able to track your monthly donations.
What if I do not want to use PayPal?
You may submit your donation in one of three ways:
Online with your credit or debit card. After completing your sponsorship form, click on the “Make A Donation” button (gold button) on the right. This will bring you to the secure donation page.
Schedule Bill Payment through your banking Institution. Be sure to include your child’s name and ID number in the memo area.
Send a check or money order through the mail. Be sure to make a notation with your child’s name and ID number.
Joshua International Ministries, Inc.
P.O.Box 1356, Redan, Georgia 30074
Are my donations tax-deductible?
Yes! Joshua International Ministries, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) US non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.